Thursday, December 8, 2011

Afternoon Tea in Newport!

HellooO!

So.  It is now Thursday, December 8th, and I have less than 2 weeks left in Europe before I head back home. EEEK!  I feel like I need to make a bucket list of all the things I have left to do.  Much of what I want to do is explore South Wales or revisit places where I've already been.  For example, I REALLY want to go to Bath, England for the Christmas Market, but the last day is Sunday sooo that may not happen :(  Anyway, however, I did make a half day trip to Newport, Wales yesterday!  Newport is about an hour east of Swansea by train.

My friend Chris, who is my good friend Nick's housemate, is from Newport and works at this extremely nice resort called the Celtic Manor Resort, which has been the host of the famous Ryder Cup (golf) for many years.  They have a great, set afternoon tea menu, so Nick, Chris, Bianca, and I hopped on the train over to Newport for some afternoon tea!  And of course, we were so thankful for Chris's lovely connections (aka tea meal for half price & free transportation to and from hotel).  Once we got to the train station in Newport, a driver picked us up and brought us to the resort.  Chris then gave us a tour of many areas of the hotel --there were golf pictures EVERYWHERE.  At 2:30, we headed to the restaurant area for our tea reservation.  This awesome meal consisted of mulled wine, tea, finger sandwiches, scones, mince pies, and pastries.  Let's just say I ate my body weight in finger sandwiches and drank about 10 cups of delicious tea.  After a long and lovely meal, we went outside to play a round of mini golf, which was hysterical and a great time indeed.  Chris then took us down to the Club House, which is where all the famous golfers go, and gave us a tour of that area.  We then headed back to Swansea!  It was such a delightful and fun day, and I can't get over that I actually like tea now!

Enjoy the pictures!  Off to do some serious paper writing. xoxo  







No comments:

Post a Comment