Sunday, October 23, 2011

Avebury & Stonehenge

Good afternoon blog readers,




Today has been a low-key day, but yesterday I went to Avebury and Stonehenge!  Avebury is an old city in England that has these stones, which are older than Stonehenge.  The problem with the remains of the stones it that people have absolutely no idea what they were used for - perhaps ceremonial or religious rituals?  They're just in a big circle.  The above 3 pictures are: the church by Avebury, Melissa & I in front of some sheep!, and part of the Avebury Stone circle.

---

We then made our way to Stonehenge!  (This was a school trip, by the way).  Although the size and use of the stones was impressive, I honestly have to say that looking at big stones isn't as interesting as I had originally anticipated.  Nevertheless, I'm totally glad that I got to see these places!




Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment