Thursday, October 27, 2011

Family Dinners

Hello, hello!

One of my favorite (small) things about being here is the family dinners that my housemates & I have every week.  It's a way for us to come out of our rooms and our busy lives and all sit down together for a nice meal.  One person prepares it each week.  I also love them because the dinners reflect the person's culture, more often than not.  So, last night, we had Sausage and Mash.  My Welsh friend James cooked it.  It was sausage, mashed potatoes, peas & carrots, yorkshire pudding, and onion gravy.  IT WAS PHENOMENAL.  I've also had traditional food from Cyprus, cooked by my Cyprian housemate Nick, among other so many delicious things.

Speaking of family dinners, I also had a family dinner on Tuesday with my American friends to celebrate Kyle's birthday.  My friend Nick and I cooked tacos, and people loved them!  It was so incredibly pleasant and wonderful that we were all together.

Speaking of other pleasant things, yesterday I went to the American Studies Pumpkin Carving Social. hahaha.  Just can't get away from America.

And finally, tomorrow I'm off to Durham to see Rylee.  I have my snitch costume for the Harry Potter-themed formal.  It should be amazing.  You can expect the next blog post on Sunday or Monday!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allison, I caught up with your blog. Fabulous photos of Berlin and Stonehedge. Your trip to Berlin was well timed to correspond to the Festival of Lights. We had three inches of heavy, wet snow and slushy ice yesterday. A 30 foot tree in the backyard uprooted and crashed through the fence (our neighbor's fence) on one side of the yard. We did not make it to Cornell for the Jon Stewart show, but Jim was very pleased with the event. Debbie was in DC for the weekend with college friends. Pleased to read that you've settled on a topic for your honors thesis. Have a great week. Love, Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete