Sunday, September 18, 2011

Brecon Beacons National Park! - Waterfall Hike


Hello, everyone!  I have included some pictures from my hike to various water falls at Brecon Beacons National Park in some French-sounding Welsh city that I can't remember the name of.  It was a fantastic three-hour hike (filled with lots of stops for picture taking - I don't have many good group shots. We split off into a few groups) & took a bit over an hour each way to get there and back.  It was absolutely beautiful, but it was raining.  So we were trudging through the slush and mud.  Of course, I nearly fell three times.  I honestly felt like I was in the rainforest in Costa Rica.  My shoes are a mess & I haven't quite figured out where to dry them after I stick them in the shower.   






In other news, I am freezing to death in my room.  Because of the shower flooding, the carpet and room has really begun to smell. SO UNPLEASANT.  Therefore, I opened the window, but it's cold.  So now I'm still cold in my room, dealing with terrible smells.  Such is life.  Another full day of class tomorrow.  Until next time... =]

No comments:

Post a Comment