Friday, September 23, 2011

Two Things I Wish I Had

Hello friends and family!

Day 2 of my move into the Hendrefoelan (pronounced Hen-dri-foy-len) Student Village.  Definitely a transition from being in a close community with American students in college dorms to a student village with so many international students.  Not everyone has moved into my house yet, though.  Hopefully it's a great group!

Here are some pictures of my room.  I added a little poster and a little red vase with fake flowers. hahah.  Anything to try to add some pizazz!




In terms of the house - well, it's good.  The tub, sink, and shower are in 3 separate rooms.  There isn't a sink in any of them, but I do have a sink in my bedroom (approve of this).  I feel like I'm about to break the house when I walk down the stairs.  The carpet is kind of stained.  The bedding feels like sandpaper.  And yet, my room is starting to feel quite homey.  It's really all about the decorations so there are a whole lot of pictures, as you can see.  On another note, I made dinner tonight - my classic teriyaki salmon with onion, asparagus, and garlic bread.  It was actually the best I've ever made it.  Everyone was so incredibly impressed.  Hooray!

Well, it's almost 1am.  At about 2:30am, I have to head over to meet the cab, where 6 other American students & I are headed off to London for the day to explore the city and see Wicked.  Should be a fantastic day.  Will obviously have a report tomorrow!

Much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment